Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Well Thump My Melon!

My latest craving is WATERMELON! You would think this would be an easy craving to fill. We live just a few miles west of a small town that is self proclaimed as "The Watermelon Capitol of the World"! They have an annual parade, festival and wait for it....a Watermelon Queen! D's mother was actually the Watermelon Queen one year in the 1960's. That's right folks, I married into royalty! Before you laugh too hard, you should know this watermelon festival & queen business is some serious $#^t down here! The entire town shuts down for the weekend. The queens come back for the big parade and their adoring fans every year. Oops, I ventured off on a ramble while thinking of those glittering queens!  Anyhoo, I'm not sure if my picker is off or what, but I've now bought and tossed 3 watermelons. I've brought home an over-ripe one and 2 not ripe enough. I am on a mission to find a sweet, juicy, perfectly ripe watermelon ASAP.
I'm so desperate to figure out what I'm doing wrong, I did what any modern day, watermelon-craving, preggo would do... I googled how to pick the perfect watermelon! I liked this advice best. It's a 1-2-3 to a perfect melon and it does NOT include the thumping method (which has failed me 3 times now)
http://www.whataboutwatermelon.com/index.php/2009/05/how-to-choose-the-right-watermelon/
Now that I have my 1-2-3, I think a drive to the Watermelon Capitol of the World is in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment