Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Grow Babies Grow!

At 15 weeks, I've only gained 1 pound. The Dr. assures us this is ok, but he wants me steadily gaining each week. The goal is a total of (gulp) 50 pounds. He would like me to gain about 2lbs per week now. So starting this past week I've been eating 3 regular meals and 4-5 snacks per day. Although, in theory, this sounds like a fun, fat-fest, free-for-all; the reality is that it is not. Every bite that I eat needs to have nutritional value and that is just not a lot of fun.  At least I'm having fun with the protein shakes though. I'm having a hard time getting the massive amounts of protein that twins need so Dr. Jones says to drink 1-2 protein shakes a day.  Aunt Cathy will be thrilled to know these babies are Shaklee babies already! I'm using the Cinch powder and trying new flavor combos :-)

                                                                 Fresh Blueberry! mmm!     

1 comment:

  1. My mom has told me stories about when she was pregnant back in 1969-1970. She didn't know at the time that she was having twins. Heck, she didn't know that until she was in the delivery room! She gained 15 pounds and the doctor told her she was gaining too much weight for one baby. She didn't know any better so crackers and water for her on many occasions. That is all she gained and I weighed 3.2 pounds and my twin Tammie 4.11. We turned out ok, right?...uh, well.

    ReplyDelete